Thursday 20 February 2014

What Is A Personal Project?

This year, all year 8 students at my school are going to be doing a personal project. This is part of the IB programme, where you can choose to do a project on anything; icing cakes, composing music or even making an agility course for your dog. You need to make sure that it is something that you love, and will love in three terms time, because you do it for three terms.

I have decided to make a lip dub to showcase the school. Then I will donate it to the school so that they can use it for marketing. Some of my inspiration came from the St Andrews College's lip dub that they did to showcase their school. Here is their lip dub.


I can't wait to create my lip dub. I hope that I will gain skills such as organisation, time-management and filming skills. I hope that you can follow my process through this blog. In term 1, I will do most (or all if I can manage it) of the research and testing out the cameras and things. Then, in term 2, I will film and edit my lip dub so that it is ready to go in term 3, when I will work on the presentation of my work and writing the essay that you need to write. This essay is what most of the marking of the personal project is done on.

Sunshine & Rainbows
Hana

P.S. There will normally be more pictures, I just don't have any yet :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hana,

    I love your idea, it's so cool! Will you be showcasing your lip dub in some way when it is finished? Kind of like the Year 6 exhibition night?

    I think you will do this really well, as you are obviously prepared to put in the work to research what makes a good lip dub and you know what is effective and what isn't effective.

    I look forward to seeing the updates!

    Love from Livvy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Livvy
      Yes, I will be showcasing my lip dub once its finished if it is up to a high enough standard. I am hoping to have it up on the school Ultranet page and maybe even the website.
      Thanks for your comment and please feel free to share it with anyone you like. Please continue to comment because I love hearing what you say and it makes me feel as though my posts are being read.
      Sunshine & Rainbows
      Hana

      Delete