Sunday 10 August 2014

Editing The Lip Dub

On Friday, I was able to go to CTV and watched and helped Alex (the cameraman) and Nick (the editor) to edit my lip dub. They used a program called Final Cut Pro which is like a high tech, flash version of iMovie. First, we changed around the colours because it was a bit dark in some places. We also added the school logo to the beginning and end of the lip dub with a cross dissolve into and out of the clip. Near the end, I was able to add in the words that I had planned out. It was a great experience. I saw some awesome things including two computers that are essentially like two desktops except they are both open and on different computers! So cool!

Outside CTV
I learnt that any frames with effects, sound, text or similar must be rendered. There are about 25 frames to a second. In one of the Lord of the Rings movies, it took 24 hours to render one frame. After we had finished and I was waiting for Dad to pick me up, Nick showed me around the studio. I saw their makeshift recording studio. After the earthquakes, CTV lost their building. Their makeshift studio is too small for more than one set. In between two of the shows, there is just a five minute break for them to switch the sets. Nick said it is like chaos but as soon as they are on air, it is calm like nothing happened. :)
Beginning the editing

During this week I also had another mentor meeting with Señora Ryan. She seemed really excited and we had a look at my essay. I also wrote the 3rd paragraph, Planning, for my essay.

The Editing Screen


On September 2nd, they will be showing my lip dub on CTV and I have been asked to come in and have an interview about the process. I am really excited.


Sunshine & Rainbows
Hana








2 comments:

  1. Looks like you made the most of your day at CTV Hana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Emily, age 11, Paulette and Millie's friend) wow love your blog!!! your so lucky going there, hope you had fun, bet that was a great experience hana! i wish i could meet you.
    always wanted to go there, heard so much about you, sounds like your very intelligent! x

    ReplyDelete