Wednesday 2 April 2014

The 1st Route

Today, I got some sheets of A2 paper with the map of the school so that I could start planning my route. I went back to my data and looked at the summary which shows me which areas of the school the most people voted on. I used this, and my own personal favourites, to create a draft of a possible route. It was great to have ideas from the rest of the school because they thought of things that I would have forgotten. The final graph ended up looking like this.


Creating a route took a lot longer than I had expected. It wasn't just the places I had to think about, I needed to consider what activities were going to be happening in these places. Some activities such as Makerspace or Cooking required a teacher. This was something else that I needed to consider. 

Some activities, like FPS and KidsLit, although they were popular when I looked at my survey, I could tell that they would not translate well onto a screen. For this reason, I chose activities that had lots of movement and ones where it would be clear what was going on.

The first route that I came up with is this:


I soon as I finished this route, I realised that I had forgotten a couple of important things. For example the Spanish Room (sorry Señora Ryan LOL) and the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme that runs at Selwyn House.

I will continue to create drafts and after about three or four drafts I will have a mentor meeting with Señora Ryan and get some feedback from her and my Mum on which route they think will translate best to screen. I need to decide on a route soon so that I can create a mock up of the lip dub for my proposal.

Map of the school/Route ✔

Sunshine & Rainbows
Hana

5 comments:

  1. ...just thinking - you could use ballet in the Atrium, and given that we have two courts, you could have one for netball and a doubles tennis game on the other.

    Boy our school offers lots of stuff huh :-)

    Oh, and waterpolo in the pool as well as swimming! And the boarders in sleeping bags (although then they wouldn't be able to run....)

    X
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hana
    This is a great project. I like how you are tracking all the aspects of the project from its creation and continuing to update what you are posting about. Originally I have to admit that I couldn't really work out the project, but it was helpful that I was able to scroll through your blog and see the goal.

    I think that the goal is really ambitious because your school must do some significant marketing for your school of a very high standard - but there is no reason that you cannot achieve this. Is there a school song that is associated with Selwyn House?
    Would that be appropriate to use? Have you thought about the copyright aspect of if you use an existing song? I think that its an incredibly creative project and wish you the very best of luck. Please continue to update and add to the blog so we can continue to follow your progress.
    Mr Webb and Room One, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki.
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Webb
      Thanks for your comment
      We do have a school song and I had thought of it but unfortunately, it wouldn't be quite right for a lip dub. I have thought about the copyright and am planning to ring the band/artist that wrote the song. I also thought that it would be good to choose a NZ artist so that he/she would be easier to get ahold of.
      Thanks again for commenting
      Hana

      Delete
  3. Hi Hana, I love your project. Just an idea you could have both of the touch teams playing a game on the field. Love your project so good for the school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could also add the year ones on the playground or something. Maybe?

      Delete