Saturday 10 May 2014

Daniel Comes to Selwyn House

On the last day of holidays, I organised a meeting with Daniel, my steadicam contact. Just after I called him, I wrote him an email asking if he could come into school to see the spaces I was going to use and if there were any potential problems regarding the steadi-cam or anything else he could see. As we walked around, he gave me some great advice and I am very grateful.

  • The Steadicam works best if you are moving so try not to stand still
  • Create a storyboard with one panel for each place so that you and the people in the space know what to do - Draw stick figures and annotate
  • The steadicam works to stabilise natural movement
  • With a video, you need to grab people within the first 10 seconds 
  • Go round the spaces with the song playing on an iPod so that you can time it
  • Kids on one rail only of the stairs or the steadicam won't be able to move properly
This was some great advice and I really appreciate it. Something else that Daniel said was to do with the pool space. He said that it would work better if I 'fudged' from somewhere to the opposite end of the school pool from the door, meaning that I wouldn't be back-tracking. Daniel also offered to operate the steadicam which was very helpful. Daniel works for I Do Films which are a company that make wedding films, so if you or someone else you know is having a wedding, please go to his website here.

Another exciting fact is my poll. The results of the 61 votes were very clear as to which song I should use - Jamie McDell - Life in Sunshine. Next step is to investigate how I go about getting the rights to use this song. 


Now that I have this information, I am even closer to talking to our principal with a mock up for my proposal.

Thank you to all of the people who have voted on my blog and for viewing it - I now have nearly 1750 pageviews. 

Figuring out which song ✔
Talk to experts ✔

Sunshine and Rainbows
Hana

No comments:

Post a Comment